I discern that this is a busy season for many people. Whether you are a college student looking for a summer opportunity, a recent high school grad preparing for school in the fall, a parent shopping for a prom dress, a teacher counting down the days until the last day of school or a parent preparing for a family vacation. Though I agree that it can be difficult to squeeze in some time to de-stress and relax, I am here to tell you that it is possible. Dedicating some time to relax is key in order to be productive. Here are some tips to help you throughout this busy season.
- Schedule some “me time”
- Pick a time and a day where you can fully devote to yourself. Look at your schedule for the rest of the week and make time for you! This may feel silly or uncomfortable if you are doing it for the first time but that is okay because where there is uncomfort there is also growth. This is a time for you to relax and be alone, so do not hand out any invitations.
- Go for a walk
- Throw on comfortable clothes, tie your sneakers and hit the door for a walk. The more you walk, the more you stress you release; which is perfect for a time like this. I challenge you to leave your phone at home to remove distractions and allow your mind to wander freely.
- Meditate in the morning
- Before starting your day, take 5 to 10mins to meditate. This is a perfect time to prepare your mind and body for a new day; doing this will allow you to be more relaxed throughout the day. I challenge you to try this for at least three days and you will notice a huge difference within yourself.
- Make a gratitude list
- Sometimes we walk around wanting more without realizing that we have all that we need in our lives already. Understanding what we have, will allow us to appreciate things more. With that being said, list the things that you are most grateful for in your life.
- Eat greens
- Fueling your body with the right foods is more important than you think. Being productive is something that we all strive for but eating the right food is just as important. Your energy throughout the day, determines on how well you will produce for that day. Click here to see what fruits and vegetables are currently in season.